I have a blog?!

I've actually tried this once before. After a short while, I deleted the blog and after a while joined Facebook to keep up with family and friends...and let them know the happenings at "The Zoo" (our home's nickname) complete with pictures.

Well, my Facebook has been neglected. (I think I've cured any addiction to the games that I may have been developing.)

I still take pictures almost daily of...well, lots of stuff. (Because with a digital camera, we can now take pictures of more and more random stuff in our lives without a second mortgage to see the picture!)

So, here I am starting this blog of The Life and Times of Me and Mine!

I may have to change some names to protect the innocent or guilty...or just prevent my kids from neglecting me when I'm old from the embarrassment I cause now.

So, here goes...


Saturday, April 23, 2011

At least they are there...

Couldn't finish in one sitting the other day, so I'm shorting it to the point and summing it from where I left off... (**where I left off)

Well, we've decided where to go to Easter services...we'll be at NewSpring instead of Mass this year.

We are sort of torn between "Church homes" right now. Trying to "fit" everyone. So, we tend to do a little here and a little there. GA's at one church, Youth at another, one Sunday here and the next there, on-line w/one when we have Sunday soccer or I'm not feeling well, etc. I'm sure that this leads some faithful, regulars at the different churches to have assumptions and make judgments about us when weeks go by without see us at church. (I will say that there are many others that smile, wave, maybe hug some of us, and are just genuinely glad to see us that day...there only thought.) I just smile and enjoy the service. Attending churches as a child, I had a mixed up idea of what was important about going...many times the stress was on your dress, shoes, etc. because so many people where there to see and be seen (**)making notes of what everyone is wearing.

ANYWAY...there are people who don't attend church except for Easter and Christmas, BUT would attend more IF they felt more comfortable.
I'm bothered by the people who laugh in conversation about, have nicknames for, point out, etc. those people that only attend at Christmas and Easter. I wish everyone would be nice and genuinely be glad they are there. Make them feel welcomed and thank God they came...some don't even come at Easter and Christmas. Then, say a prayer that they come back before the next holiday...and maybe they will.

That's just my thoughts, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment